GEO IP auto update database not working ?

Asgatlat
Asgatlat Posts: 81  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
hi,

on my Zywall 110 with FW 4.65 i saw that in the Geo Ip auto update database seems not working
as you can see the box is checked but there is a big differrence between current version and lastest one.
if i use the "update now" button, it works

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

We are aware of this issue and checking the root cause.
  • Zyxel_Emily

In the current design, the “Minute” of the auto update time is a random value.
    For example, if you configure Auto Update on Friday at 14:00, the database will be updated between 14:00 and 15:00.

Here is the test result for your reference.
    Auto Update
    Weekly: Friday,  Hour: 14:00
    The database was updated around 14:40.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Anyway, autoupdate was checked...
  • Asgatlat
    hi @Zyxel_Emily , as @mMontana said, the autoupdate was checked
    this should be fixed in the next FW
  • Zyxel_Emily

To avoid lots of devices updating database at the same time, Geo IP database is not updated exactly at the time you configured.
    In your case, Auto Update is set as Monday 06:00. It means the database will be updated at a random time between 06:00 and 07:00 every Monday, not exactly at 06:00.

It is not a bug but the current design. We will add more clear description in online help guide and user guide for the mechanism.  
  • Asgatlat

To avoid lots of devices updating database at the same time, Geo IP database is not updated exactly at the time you configured.
    In your case, Auto Update is set as Monday 06:00. It means the database will be updated at a random time between 06:00 and 07:00 every Monday, not exactly at 06:00.

It is not a bug but the current design. We will add more clear description in online help guide and user guide for the mechanism.  
    as i said before, if you see my screenshot, there is almost a month difference between my database and the lastest one, and you said in your first reply that you were aware of this issue.

• mMontana

Using other words... from the update made by the user to the latest version declared by the firewall, the db update failed at least four times.
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16

Moreover: firewall is aware of new version available, but do not alert in any way. Nor update.

Should sysadmins choose another day/time for updating?
  • Zyxel_Emily

In order to check the symptom, could you send the remote access of your device to me in private message? 
  • mMontana
    My firewalls seems updating, is the one of @Asgatlat which needs attention :)
  • Asgatlat

In order to check the symptom, could you send the remote access of your device to me in private message? 
    is there a dedicated feature to do that ? or do you need only the  public IP of the gateway ?

Security Highlight