Notification doesn't work

zappu
zappu Posts: 27  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
Hi guys,

I think I need some help, I don't know what to do. Everything is set regarding to notification and it works for 2 years and from some time, I'm not receiving any email.
I checked logs and it says this "Sending event/alert log to mail server has failed."

Could someone help me with this issue ?

Thank you !

Regards,
Alex

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @zappu
    It looks your notification mail did not send out successfully.
    You can make sure if your SMTP setting is correct first. (System > Notification > Mail Server)

If you are using Gmail, then you can have a check if you have enabled less secure app access setting to allow USG sends email by your account.
    Then you can click "Send report now" button to trigger USG send mail.

And then go to check system log entries if mail has sent successfully.

• zappu
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
    Good morning Stanley,

Thanks for your info, it seems the issues it wasn't from there, after the previous firmwarware update, I don't know what happened, but the password for email account from GMail, has been changed in the Zywall 110. When I put the password and send a report I saw that it works.

In case if any have this issue, now he can know from where it is :).

Best regards,
    Alexandru Mavrodineanu
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    edited September 2021
    Hi @zappu

It's good to know your issue has resolved. May we know which previous version was working on your device? Maybe we can have further check if issue is come from firmware upgrade.
  • zappu
    Hi @Zyxel_Stanley,

Sorry for my late reply, I had a lot of work at work and then in the weekends most busy.
    Regarding your question, the issue was appeared when I did the upgrade to this firmware version: V4.65(AAAA.0) on my Zywall 110.

Thank you !

Best regards,
    Alexandru Mavrodineanu
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Hi @zappu
    What's the version is working on your device before you upgraded to 4.65C0 firmware?
    Then we can have a test if password issue is came from firmware upgrading or others.
  • zappu
    Hi @Zyxel_Stanley,

I believe it was working with the previous firmware version, but when I have done the update of it the password has been changed. I don't know how and why it happened this, but as I said the issue I fixed in this version: V4.65(AAAA.0).

Thank you !

Best regards,
    Alexandru Mavrodineanu

Security Highlight