CDR License

AlexRiviera
AlexRiviera Posts: 14
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Service & License
Hi all, i have a Nebula Control Center Pro License and a Security Subscription (UTM). Both are active.

Based on the kb (Collaborative Detection & Response (CDR) – Zyxel Support Campus EMEA) to have a full workling CDR Nebula Pro and UTM License is necessary. But is it a must to have also a Configured Org and a Site in Nebula to have the full CDR working or is it enough to activate the license and not configure the USG over Nebula (Org an Site)?

I guess a Org is necessary as the license 

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

CDR is used to further improve the function of UTM. You need to configure Anti-Malware, IDP and Web Threats in USG FLEX > Configure > Security Service. Hence, you also need to configure Org and a Site in Nebula to have the full CDR working.
  • AlexRiviera
    AlexRiviera Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited August 2021
    But if a configured Site is needed, the Zywall has to be configured over Nebula, which it makes inpossible to set the configuration as you described (you described the conf via webgui on the device). I did some tests, and having a Org configurated and no site, seems to have the full cdr functionality. (As i only have a Org configurated and blocking works. According to the kb this should only work in full cdr functionality.)

What exactly has to be configured "in" Site?

Your response really confuses me :-)

• Zyxel_Emily

If your USG FLEX device is on premise mode, which means USG FLEX is standalone mode and not managed by nebula cloud, just follow the handbook on page 550-558 to configure CDR releated settings on device GUI. You don't have to configure anything on nebula.

If your USG FLEX device is on cloud mode, which means USG FLEX is managed by nebula cloud, you have to add SITE on nebula and configure Anti-Malware, IDP and Web Threats in nebula Control Center > USG FLEX > Configure > Security Service.

• Thx for your answer. This is clear.
    But why is the kb telling a nebula license is necessary for full cdr functionality if you tell me:

You don't have to configure anything on nebula. 

At this point i think the kb is wrong -> https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/de/articles/360021402519-Collaborative-Detection-Response-CDR-
  • Zyxel_Emily

Thanks for your friendly reminder. We will add a note to this kb that the example is "On-Cloud" mode.
  • Thx for the update.
    That's nice, but now i bought a license i don't need based on a "wrong" kb. thats kind of sad....
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Answer ✓

We already reset the nebula pro pack license key to stock.
    Please contact brack.ch directly for refund, and tell them that Zyxel HQ already reset this license to stock. 
    The screen shot of the license status is sent to you in private message.

Besides, the subject of the KB is modified.

Service & License Help Center