[RESOLVED] NXC2500 v4.30 - Firmware update

2»

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I think that disable the FTP access is a very bad idea.
  • Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Disable FTP is not an issue in my POV, since latest firmware can still be downloaded in official site/download library, so not that inconvenience to me...
    Especially there some security risk about FTP connection, so it's a good thing that Zyxel takes this into consideration...
  • mMontana
    Which can be easily circumvented by FTPS or SFTP... I'm sorry but cannot agree with you.
  • Hi mMontana
    thank's fo your help I have download before the close FTP.zyxel.com all firware for my upgrade.
    It's Work actually on 6.0 with 1 hours down wifi network.
    I have upgrade with your sequence 4.30 -> 5.00 -> 5.40 -> 6.00 -> 6.10 AAIG2.
    I just wait for last upgrade for don't shutdown more to 1 hours.

thank's you so much

hi @Zyxel_Silvia
    iy's not a good to disable the fpt access, because in my case, it's not possible to upgrade 4.3 to 6.1 directly. if you don push all older firmware on your official website all users in my case i don't have a possiblity to upgrade NXC2500.
     for you a better it's to link access to the ftp with user login in my.zyxel.com or link all firmware on official website/ or my.xyxel.com

Regard

• Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi
    Is the NXC2500 still Maintained? I see there is no following Product anymore.
    And my ATP dont have all the same Features like a Landing Page...
    So how about buy them used and use them in the upcoming Years?
    Thanks
  • mMontana
    Latest firmware is dated 2021, you can look for the EOL/EOS if it's present.
    In my experience, zyxel hardware is reliable, power switches not so much. Currenly the company is pushing more to Nebula.