Content filter ATP out of office

ticsystems
ticsystems Posts: 52  ZCNE Certified
First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2020 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude
Hi everyone. I would like to be able to apply content filtering outside of the office. I need a safe browsing of my clients. Is there a possibility with DNS filtering?
Thank's!!!!

All Replies

• MJStar
    MJStar Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi everyone. I would like to be able to apply content filtering outside of the office. I need a safe browsing of my clients. Is there a possibility with DNS filtering?
    Thank's!!!!
    Can you describe more specifically about "to apply content filtering outside of the office"? Don't realize your use scenario very clearly.

• ticsystems
    First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2020 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude
    MJStar said:

Thank's!!!!
    Can you describe more specifically about "to apply content filtering outside of the office"? Don't realize your use scenario very clearly.

hello and sorry.
     I mean having the atp series content filter when I have an employee at home.
  • MJStar
    MJStar said:

Thank's!!!!

hello and sorry.

Oh~~~so you would like to establish VPN connection(e.g L2TP , SSL VPN) from your home to company's ATP and whether ATP's DNS content filter can restrict this VPN access what kind of content just like you are in office ;) ?
  • ticsystems
    MJStar said:
    MJStar said:

Thank's!!!!

hello and sorry.

Oh~~~so you would like to establish VPN connection(e.g L2TP , SSL VPN) from your home to company's ATP and whether ATP's DNS content filter can restrict this VPN access what kind of content just like you are in office ;) ?
    Good Morning.
    What I want is to somehow apply dns filtering outside of office and vpn.
    Thanks!!!
  • WJS
    WJS Posts: 123  Ally Member
    Hi ticsystems

I can work dns filter via VPN user (L2tp over ipsec)

client would got ip pool

Let CNN,facebook response 1.1.1.1 

set two policy ( source : vpn pool , dst any(exclude zywall)  and zywall ) 
    #I used advance profile, But the meaning is the same
    anyway, just apply the dns filter

successful

• MJStar
    @ticsystems Just as @WJS mentioned that. You can add security policy with content filter profile to restrict the VPN IPs that can access what kind of internet content :3 .

• ticsystems
    Thank you very much for your reply but I don't think you understand me.
    I know how to apply content filtering to IPsec clients. What I want is when they are not connected to the VPN.
    Thanks!
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @ticsystems IMVHO... how the firewall could run that services... without the client connected to it?
  • ticsystems
    Already solved!!
    Thank's!
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Would you please share the path for the solution? :-)

Security Highlight