Upgrade USG 110 4.10 FIRMWARE TO 4.35 VERSION

Hi,
I've planned to upgrade an older version Zyxel firmware model USG110 from 4.10 version to 4.35 version (latest is 4.60). I'm going to upgrade one by one from 4.10 to  4.11-4.13-4.15-4.20-4.25-4.30-4.32-4.33-4.35 whitout lost configuration, it is possible?. I don´t want to reconfigure. Thanks.Regards.

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2021
    AFAIK you could follow this steps....
    4.10 -> 4.30
    4.35 -> 4.30
    4.39 -> 4.70

You can always download the "lastgood.conf" file before and after the update/upgrade and related reboot.
    If no error is present, should work seamlessly.

Please, upgrade to 4.70 ASAP. For safety of your setup.
  • Thnaks for your answer, I updated from 4.10 to 4.11. 1 of the vpn ipsec tunnes doesn´t run and vpn_l2tp user is fall down. Thanks.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @zyxel_j I am sorry for your not optimal experience, but in my experience every firmware upgrade was not able to create issues for other services.
    Consider to check the changelog for every version. Moreover: some IpSec endpoints don't take that wall a change of interface for VPN. Therefore, maybe a stop/start of the VPN on the other side might help...
  • ramon
    ramon Posts: 2
    hi!

i have an usg110 with this V4.15(AAPH.0) / 2015-12-28 21:29:51 firmware

can i upgrate to the lastest verion 4.70 November 08, 2021 with out any problem? or i have to upgrate to a older version first?

thank you

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    In upgrade scenario, new FW version should without problem to apply configuration from old FW version.
    You can backup your configuration first, and upgrade firmware to "standby" partition. In most case, your device will boot up successfuly by new firmware.
  • Thanks for your reply. I restarted both router and firewalls, but the connection didn´t run. I made a new vpn tunnel and the connection stand up. I must to update 7 firmware updates more, I hope not lose data or connection. Thanks for your help.
    Best regards.
  • Zyxel_David
    Zyxel_David Posts: 3  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Wireless LAN Level 2 Certification - 2020 ZCNE Security Level 2 Certification - 2020 ZCNE Wireless LAN Level 1 Certification - 2019

Security Highlight