Android 12 VPN to Zywall 110

With Android 12, Google has removed support for L2TP over IPSEC. As a result, I needed to configure my Pixel 6 Pro to connect using "IKEv2/IPSec PSK". I looked at several guides I found online, but none of them worked for me. So, I had to fiddle around quite a bit to get it to work. Posting my config here so that others might benefit. Please post if you've found other configs that worked for you.

Gateway Config

Notes:
- I had to select DNS as the Local ID Type with my ZyWall domain name as the Content. Nothing else would work for me. It took me quite a while to figure this out!

Connection

Notes
- I had to set the Local Policy to 0.0.0.0, otherwise my ZyWall would not route traffic from the Pixel to the Internet.

Android Config

All Replies

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 38  Freshman Member
    Does any error message in Log ? Not sure Android 12 support what proposal is, But I found below proposal could work on android 11.Maybe you can try that. and capture the negotiate packet to check the what proposal should select.

Phase 1 — SHA2(256)–AES(256)–DH2

Phase 2 — SHA2(256)–AES(256)

• WJS said:
    Does any error message in Log ? 
    Sorry, perhaps you misunderstood my post. I posted a working configuration that might help others avoid the trial and error I had to do with Android 12 to get it to work.

Security Highlight