pla6457 Software

Last week I received my PLA6457 and must say…it works prety good however the software on both units are realy crapy. It got the looks from the stone age and now or than one unit seeems to disapear from my network. Also a name change of the units seems impossible and if you misspel your new password the only way is to reset the unit. i hope that Zyxel goning to work on this

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @Hebo

The firmware from August 2021 is available to download from https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/G-hn-2400-Mbps-Wave-2-Powerline-Pass-thru-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter-PLA6457/downloads

If you have ideas for the firmware, then Zyxel run the consumer ideas part of this forum at https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/consumer-idea

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Hebo
    Hebo Posts: 5
    First Anniversary
    Hi Tony, thanks for your response. The firmware is already installed ( must be the first one) I find it very strange that Zyxel put this item in the market with such crappy software. 
    For example. One of the units disapears from my network. The other one is always visible?
    -why is one speed 100 mb and the other 1000 ( network is complete 1000)? With the term “ no link” but it runs internet over it
    -where to change the password?

Ofcourse i can volunteer to make this product better.. but come on…..this software is not final 

• Hebo
    First Anniversary
    Sorry this has nothing to do with the way it looks. This is wat it looks like:

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Hebo

Thanks for your suggestion, we'll evaluate the feature.
    You can check the dhcp table on the above router to check the IP address of PLA devices.
    The Ethernet interface will show in Ethernet settings.
    You can check the User Guide Chapter 3 Table 8 Ethernet screen.

To change the password, you can go to Device > Security > New Configuration password to change it.

If you change the domain name, both of the PLA devices have to change to the same name.
    You can check the User Guide Chapter 3 Table 6 G.hn Screen.

• Hebo
    First Anniversary
    okay, some other things. Why cant you reboot both items via the GUI? and why can i acces one item via Ip but it isnt shown in any arp table?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Hebo

There is no option to reboot the device on the PLA6456 PLA6457 web GUI.
    Could you share your scenario to use the feature in your environment?

You can check the arp table if your laptop directly connect to the device.
    The device will show in the arp table.

• Hebo
    First Anniversary
    a scenario?? If i can acces them via ip why not rebooting them over ip instead of unplugging them?? And since there is a 220v plug in it it would be nice to reboot them without unplugging the power
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Hi @Hebo

Thanks for your suggestion.
    We'll evaluate the feature.
  • ludwioli
    ludwioli Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment

For reboot the PLA6457 try the "/advanced.html" url after login to the web interface (with the device ip address in front of the slash). There is a possibility for a Hardware Reset.

Consumer Product Help Center