How to make a link between a UAG50 and a NWA1123-AC ?

Uneeti
Uneeti Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN

Hello, I installed a UAG50, it works very well, but I would add to the UAG50 Wlan two ZyXEL NWA1123-AC slave terminals. I tried to add them via their MAC address but it does not work, is there a method? Thank you, Alexandre

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Uneeti

NWA1123-AC is a standalone AP. Could you share with us what your scenario is? You want NWA1123-AC to get IP address from UAG50 and let NWA1123-AC provide WiFi service in your environment? Or Do you have other usage for NWA1123-AC?
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Uneeti
    Uneeti Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Zyxel_Joslyn, Sorry for the late response, I want to extend the uag50 wifi network with two terminals NWA1123-AC but I do not know if this is possible. I can not configure the NWA1123-AC in slave mode of the UAG50, it would be necessary that users can pass from one terminal to another without interruption. The NWA1123-AC must distribute the same Wi-Fi network as the UAG50. I do not know if I'm clear, thank you.

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Uneeti

If the SSID and authentication method are the same on the UAG50 and NWA1123-AC, the client can do roaming between these devices. Because the station will keep the SSID and login information. While the station connects to the new AP, it will connect to the same SSID automatically and send the login information to the AP.
    Thanks.

Joslyn