Why does it say my Geo Enforcer license is about to expire?

hebronbrick
hebronbrick Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
VPN100 - I purchased a new Content Filter 2.0 license but Geo Enforcer still says it is about to expire. Isn't Geo Enforcer still a part of Content Filter 2.0? I do not see a separate Geo Enforcer license available for purchase anywhere in the United States.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @hebronbrick
    To strengthen security access under Covid19 pandemic, GeoIP Enforcer is default feature on devices.
    If your WebGUI shows license service is required, you may upgrade firmware to latest version. :smile:

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @hebronbrick
    Regarding to this case,
    can you private message your device's serial number /MAC address for check further?

• hebronbrick
    S182L18200069/5C:E2:8C:77:85:C9
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @hebronbrick
    As I checked system, the Geo Enforcer_Standard is 365 days and Content Filter_Standard is 723 days. 
    Can I know after your press license refresh button on device, the status still the same?
  • hebronbrick
    edited May 2020
    I found and purchased Geo Enforcer but, I swear, it used to be part of Content Filter because I have no record of purchasing Geo Enforcer separately in the past. 
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @hebronbrick
    For Zywall/USG Series, there is a license of content Filter 2.0 which include GEO IP and CF feature.
    However, for VPN, and ATP series, the licenses of Geo Enforcer and Content Filter is separated.
  • hebronbrick
    Same device two years later, got an email saying Geo Enforcer needs to be renewed. I go to licenses on the device and no Geo Enforcer. I click the link in the email to renew, no Geo Enforcer. Have you rolled it up into Content Filter now?

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @hebronbrick
    To strengthen security access under Covid19 pandemic, GeoIP Enforcer is default feature on devices.
    If your WebGUI shows license service is required, you may upgrade firmware to latest version. :smile:

• hebronbrick
    That's great news, thank you.

Security Highlight