NWA50AX adding printer

Mjd0604
Mjd0604 Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Installed my NWA50AX into my outhouse office. Perfect connect to all devices apart from my printer. Is there anyway to active WPS with it? I don’t have a cable for the printer to assist with setup. 

All Replies

• jpblanch75
    jpblanch75 Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    It's doesn't have a display on it to connect wifi?
    What's the make and model?
  • Mjd0604

Expression Home XP-235 All-in-One Inkjet Printer Compatible XL Ink

Crappy cheap thing! 
  • jpblanch75
    jpblanch75 Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Mjd0604 said:

Expression Home XP-235 All-in-One Inkjet Printer Compatible XL Ink

Crappy cheap thing! 
    I can't find any info for WPS support at all on these APs.  I will say that your printer may not work with WPA2 Wi-Fi security so you may need to use WPA for your 2.4ghz.  Also ensure you have "Allow 802.11ax/ac/n stations only" setting disabled.

Are you using Nebula?

Can you setup your AP to use the exact same wifi SSID and Password you had with your old wifi router or AP?

Jason
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Mjd0604

Checked the printer's Wi-Fi capability, it only supports WPA-AES/TKIP security settings. And by default our APs use WPA2 to reach stronger security, which will make the printer unable to connect to Wi-Fi.

Besides, our AP doesn't support WPS. So you need to manually enter the password for Wi-Fi access.

In order to let the printer access the Wi-Fi, you can use "WPA2-Mix" at the security setting page (standalone AP).
    If the AP is managed by Nebula, you may first disable the "simple mode" in the [SSID Setting page], and go the  [SSID advanced settings] page, configure the Security with "WPA-Personal with WPA1"

Best Regards,
    Richard

• Mjd0604
    Thank you Richard.
    im going to treat myself to a new printer with on screen WPA2 WiFi settings, that way it will make my life easier.