Connect GS2220 with each other?

Options
Username_is_reserved
Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Switch
How to connect both Switch offline together to maintain the switch without the cloud together?
Thanks j

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 339  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Username_is_reserved,

Sorry, I don't quite get your point.
    Do you mean you would like to manage your switchs in standalone mode(non-cloud) together on the same web GUI like the way Nebula does?

Or you have two GS2220 switches on Nebula now, but you would like to manage them in standalone mode?

Please help to correct me if I misunderstood your words.
    Adam
  • Username_is_reserved
    Options

Do you mean you would like to manage your switchs in standalone mode(non-cloud) together on the same web GUI like the way Nebula does?
    Yes. I want buy more Switch and need to Config simple thinks like a Vlan,... at once. As the Datasheed mention.
  • Username_is_reserved
    Options
    WellI found " Cluster Management " who I see the other Switch (that Pairing worked) but I dont see who i could config both together?!
  • Zyxel_Adam
    edited March 2022
    Options

The Cluster Management feature is able to make the "Manager" switch to set configuration directly on another Zyxel switch, who is managed by Manager switch.

Please check the following images:
    Once finishing Cluster Management setting, we can see other switch in member list.

Click index number to directly configure another switch settings in "Manager switch GUI".

The feature offers the way to configure switch from one to the other, it cannot configure settings for both switch at the same time.
    Adam
  • Username_is_reserved
    Options
    Thanks so when I set an VLan ID the Master Switch will config all the other?
    Sorry for the stupid Question again does that work only for the same Switch like the 10 Port -> 10 Port or when I buy an (i dont know) 20,24,... Port thinks like the Vlan ID get set to?
    Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Options

Thanks so when I set an VLan ID the Master Switch will config all the other?
    Cluster Management does not help switches to synchronize configuration from Manager switch to other switch. You can only manage other switch by Manager switch and access to their configuration page one by one.

Switch in Standalone mode does not have the way to configure all switches config like VLAN and port settings at one time, but Nebula (on cloud) does.
    Adam