VLAN not working in my home network

System
System Posts: 36  Admin
First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
This discussion was created from comments split from: Networking issue with Zyxel WLAN Controller and VLANs.

Comments

• jackjen
    jackjen Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 2023
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to segregate my network at home and have everything vlan'd out but wifi. I cant seem to get that working. I see PVID and allowed VLANs but no way to change it.

Switch: 2960x
    FW: FortiGate 60E

Everything else I have is working as it should, just the AP is where I am having issues
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2022
    Hi @jackjen

Cloud you please let us know how your devices are connected to each other, and what's the AP model you're using? And managed it standalone / another AP Controller / Nebula Cloud mode? This way we can provide a more detail configuration guide for you.

Talking about VLAN settings, please follow the concepts below:

1. VLAN 1 should be untagged, generally there's no additional setting needed on Switch/firewall for this.
    2. There's no need to set PVID on the switch port where AP connects to. You just need to configure VLAN ID on the AP, and allow VLAN passing through with tagged out on the switch

Best Regards,
    Richard