Connection with fiber cable

Options
MecomIT
MecomIT Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Switch
I just got 2 Zyxel GS1350-6HP switches and installed a Zyxel SFP-LX-10-D SFP:s in both switches and connected a fiber cable between them. But i do not get any link between them. One of switches says that it has a link but the other one has no link at all. What could be wrong? Fiber cable damaged?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 660  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @MecomIT,
    Could you please help to collect the tech-support file (Management> Maintenance) on both of switches (collect while the cable plugin) and attached/PM to me. 
    Also may I know how long is this fiber cable?
    Chris
  • MecomIT
    MecomIT Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for help. I will be at customer site next week and i will get these logs to you then
  • CaspersonC
    Options
    Fiber optic internet is a data connection carried by a cable filled with thin glass or plastic fibers. Data travels through them as beams of light pulsed in a pattern. Fiber optic internet speeds are about 20 times faster than regular cable at 1 Gbps.
  • Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    MecomIT said:
    I just got 2 Zyxel GS1350-6HP switches and installed a Zyxel SFP-LX-10-D SFP:s in both switches and connected a fiber cable between them. But i do not get any link between them. One of switches says that it has a link but the other one has no link at all. What could be wrong? Fiber cable damaged?

Hi what kind of Cable did you get? A Multi or Single Mode?
    I bought mine Adapter used from Ebay and did the Mistake by bought Single Mode Adapter like yours.
    What you need is a SINGLE MODE Cable! The have "OS..." in there name. "OM..." are the wrong one.
    Thankfully from my Distributor I found a cheap 50m Cable who work so for me its not a loss...