Content Filter Blocks Communication with Dataserver from Application (NinjaTrader.exe)

MarcelG
MarcelG Posts: 23  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
Content Filter Blocks Communication with Dataserver from Application (NinjaTrader.exe)

This has only been the case since this week, everything worked correctly last week. I made various attempts, disabled the software firewall (ESET) and every single Zyxel service (Content Filter - IDP - Anti-Virus). I only had to turn off the content filter and since then it's been working again, but that's not the solution for me

Attached is the activation in my SW firewall

How can I enable communication with the application again

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 606  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @MarcelG,
    When Content Filter blocks NinjaTrader.exe, what did the logs show?
    The logs should show the information about the blocked URL if it's blocked by Content Filter
    You may check the logs first to know which URL is blocked by Content Filter when using NinjaTrader.exe, then add it to Trusted Web Sites.
    Thank you.

James
  • MarcelG
    I don't know where I find the log, when I open the Page of Monitor - UTM-Statistics - Content Filter, the counter of blocked is = 0 (I started the application some minutes before)

• MarcelG
    Hello ?

• Zyxel_James

Hi @MarcelG,

1.      Navigate to Configure > Security Service > Content Filter, and open the web content filter profile. Tick "Enable Content Filter Category Service" and "log all web pages"

2. Navigate to Configure > Log & Report > Log Settings, edit System the Log profile and scroll down to Active Log and Alert, please make sure Security Service is ticked as "Normall" on Systm log section.

After the settings above, you may check the logs at Monitor > View Log. Thank you.

James.

• MarcelG
    I've no Option "Security Service", "Content Filter" is only under UTM Profile

• MarcelG
    I've no Option "Security Service", "Content Filter" is only under UTM Profile (see preview post)
  • Zyxel_James

Hello @MarcelG,

For USG110, the Content Filter is under the UTM Profile instead of Security Service. You may still follow the steps to tick "Enable Content Filter Category Service" and "log all web pages" at Content Filter profile and edit the system log. Thank you.

James
  • CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    MarcelG, Ninjatrader software will connect to their database server.
    You can to add *.ninjatrader.com in Trusted Web Sites what Zyxel_James mentioned.
    Also monitor if there is any block log in USG system log entries.
    Hello @MarcelG,
    When Content Filter blocks NinjaTrader.exe, what did the logs show?
    The logs should show the information about the blocked URL if it's blocked by Content Filter
    You may check the logs first to know which URL is blocked by Content Filter when using NinjaTrader.exe, then add it to Trusted Web Sites.
    Thank you.

James

• MarcelG
    I Did all what you recommend me
    www.ninjatrader.com in trusted web sites it didn't work.
    When I show the Log with filter "Content Filter", i didn't show me anaything
    Finaly with the option "all logs" I found:
         Warning web sites acmeanalytics.net : unrated, Rule_id=2, SSI=N (HTTPS Domain Filter)
    I Put "www.acmeanalytics.net" in trusted sites, it didn't work
    with "acmeanalytics.net" it works
    Thank you for your help

Security Highlight