USG60W - Unable to delete a port forwarding rule created in Easy Mode

elkrust
elkrust Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
I created a port forwarding rule on my USG60W on a previous version of the firmware about 3 years ago, whilst in Easy Mode. I no longer need this rule but I can not delete it in Easy Mode. I can click the Trash Can to the left of the rule and then click Next and it would appear to delete it, but when I look again at the port forwarding rule in Easy Mode it has re-appeared. Can anyone help me please?
Thanks
Darrin
Current version of the firmware is 4.71(AAKZ.0)

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Are you using Firefox for managing the firewall?
    Moreover: is there any reference to that rule?
  • elkrust
    Hi, thanks for your response.
    I have tried Safari (Mac) and Edge (Windows PC) to delete this rule, but joy with either.
    Can you elaborate on what you are referring to when you say "reference to that rule". I see the rule in the Easy Mode / Port Forwarding. I have tried putting the service back to the list of services on the left-hand side and then deleting the rule down the bottom. I click Next, it appears to disappear but re-appears again when I look in port forwarding again.
    Darrin
  • mMontana
    edited April 2022
    Into Expert Mode, objects can not be deleted unless any other thing (group, rule, firewall, time conditions, and so on) does not refer to them.
    I don't know if similar things happens also for NAT rules.
    Did you tried to delete your Port Forwarding via Expert mode?
  • elkrust
    Yes, none of the elements of the port forwarding, nor the rule will delete in Expert mode. I did have this happen before to another USG 60W and in the end, it did a factory reset and rebuilt the firewall and port forwarding rules via expert mode. I feel this should be something that Zyxel should have thought about!
  • mMontana
    I used Easy mode once. Then i reset the device and went always expert mode.
  • elkrust
    OK I have cracked it.
    Due to the inerface in Easy Mode, you delete the port forwarding rule at the bottom of the screen and then you are presented with the option to either "Exit" or "Next". I have been clicking "Next" (assuming Exit would not the save the change I have just made). However, it would appear that you delete the port forwarding rule and then click "Exit" to save this change. Clicking "Next" and setting the UPnP settings and then clicking "Finish" doesn't save the removal of the port forwardig rule.
    I hope this makes sense and I wonder if Zyxel should give some thought to simplifying this.
  • mMontana
    edited April 2022
    @Zyxel_Emily consider to transcode from WMV to MP4 your file examples.
    MP4 H264 is a bit more space efficient and widely supported (Desktop and mobile OSes)
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee

Port Forwarding rule can be deleted in Easy Mode.

You can also switch the GUI to expert mode and delete Port Forwarding rule.

Note: Delete Port Forwarding EZ mode rules in Expert Mode, we also delete its related EZ rules, but keep objects and profiles.
    Example:
    If users delete “Port Forwarding” rule(EZ_NAT_192_168_1_222), device also
    Delete 
    Security Policy: WAN_to_LAN1_192_168_1_222
    Keep 
    Address object: EZ_192_168_1_222, EZ_SERVICE_192_168_1_222

Security Highlight