Standby firmware update... part 2nd

Options
xkp68
xkp68 Posts: 26  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi,
i asked info about how to update the standby firmare of my ATP 500 without the need to reboot the Firewall neither to reboot to standby firmare.
I got an answer to the post here:
https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13013/standby-firmware-update#latest

I followed the steps as suggested in the post, so i updated the standby firmware from
V4.60(ABFU.0) to V5.21(ABFU.1) with no need to manually upgrade to ZLD5.10, and decide not to reboot the Firewall answering "No" to the request to reboot.

Everything seemed to work fine (you can see here that both running and standby shows v 5.21(ABFU.1) firmware

but now when i tried to update the running firmware, as i press the "folder" icon for the local firmware update i got the following warning:

Moreover i notice that the icon of the "cloud update" of the standby firmware shows a strange "circle with an arrow"

It seems like the standby firmware update is still ongoing even if i did it several days ago.

how can i solve all this? did i miss sometihng?
All i want is to upgrade the running firmware keeping the standby to 5.21(ABFU.1).
How can i proceed?
Please advice
Thanks in advance.
Filippo

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can press “Yes” button to stop downloading firmware to the standby partition.  

Then manually update the latest 5.30 firmware to the running partition via the local folder icon and reboot your running partition. It shall be OK.

All Replies

• David_ALTAE
    Options
    reboot
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    Options
    update to 5.30 as its out and reboot
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,066  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can press “Yes” button to stop downloading firmware to the standby partition.  

Then manually update the latest 5.30 firmware to the running partition via the local folder icon and reboot your running partition. It shall be OK.

• CaspersonC
    CaspersonC Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one.

Security Highlight