DevSport
DevSport Posts: 4
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi!

The datasheet of the NWA90AX says:
"n addition, with the support of captive portal and IEEE 802.1x authentication,
the NWA90AX not only offers SMB users the enterprise-level security to protect

their business networks, but also the flexible opportunity to customize wireless

network usage login for marketing and business recognition."

So it does have captive portal support. It also says:
"The NWA90AX with NebulaFlex offers the flexible manageability for you to
freely choose between the local GUI management or onboarding to our super

easy Nebula cloud management interface that helps you set up your wireless

network in minutes."

So I should be able to configure it through the local gui management.
Still, there is no mention of captive portal in the user's guide of the NWA90ax.

Why is the captive portal settings missing from the user's guide?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @DevSport

Welcome to Zyxel community!

NWA90AX is the model that supports additional advanced features in SB model series such 802.1X authentication. You can configure the SSID with security WPA2/3-Enterprise to complete it, for standalone mode profile information, it’s in user guide Chapter 12.4 Security List.

For Nebula mode, you can setup at Access point > Configure > SSID advanced settings > Security options > WPA Enterprise with WPA2/WPA3. Nebula cloud authentication is another option and free for user to implement if you don’t have my radius server.

Captive portal is supported on Nebula mode and Controller, thus, the user guide doesn’t have the part related to captive portal. If you’re planning to setup captive portal, here are some articles for your reference.

[NEBULA] How to setup sign-in method with My RADIUS server?

[NEBULA] How to configure Nebula Cloud Authentication with captive portal?

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you need any more information.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• DevSport
    DevSport Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    So If I don't want the device to access the internet at all (not to mention letting it be configured over the Internet is a security nightmare) I won't be able to use the captive portal feature?

What if I only want it to work on an internal network, BUT with captive portal? (and I do have an internal radius server)
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @DevSport

We could understand the literature on datasheet delivered to user is not clear enough to reveal the captive portal is supported in Nebula mode and we’ll enhance on the document in the future.

We’d like to share with you that user could use Nebula without security concern, please refer the attached file.

In short:

Zyxel Nebula Control Center’s (NCC) technical architecture protects user’s data, security and privacy that complies with EU data privacy regulations and other certifications, laws, privacy and frameworks from around the world.

We hope Nebula will become the choice for you to combine your radius server as the solution for your application.

Thank you for your time to discuss with us and wish you a nice day.

Regards,

Bella

Nebula Tips & Tricks