VMG4927-B50A random resets

Conrad_up
Conrad_up Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in Switch
This DSL modem configured in dual dsl mode (fed by 2 different DSL connections) to provide me 30Mb down x 4Mb up. However, it randomly will reset - according to the isp this is due to the download speed exceeding the 30Mb bandwidth. I have thoroughly checked all computers behind the modem and all are clean (virus, malware, rootkits, etc.) My background tells me this is a crock but it doesn't stop the resets - which take anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes for the modem to restore internet access - which is intolerable as I work from home on voip via vpn all day (some resets have occurred when all computers have been fully powered OFF). Any ideas, suggestion or help appreciated - isp don't have a clue and keep pointing the finger at me.

All Replies

• HouliCrab
    HouliCrab Posts: 38  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi Sir, not sure what is "reset" you mentioned, does it means the VMG4927 is keeping reset? However, it seems affecting your usage, I suggest you can contact your ISP again and provide them more detail about the issue which you are encountering, such like your firmware version, configuration, topology, etc..