13»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 340  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @PTish,

Thanks for your reply.
    That's because you clicked the "Apply" button twice, so the switch shows "tech support is generating for others", then it indeedly nothing happen.

To download tech support can only click the button once and wait for it to be exported.
    I believe you restarted your switch after finding this, but it's okay.

In order to help us narrow down the issue, could you please enable your switch telnet or ssh and access to it then type "show version" to see what Boot Version is your switch using?

Thanks,
    Adam
  • PTish
    PTish Posts: 5
    Friend Collector
    Options
    @Zyxel_Adam actually i only clicked it once, because every retry now it also fails. 

Furthermore, i dont reboot, but i disable PoE on all ports at the same time and enable them again. I tried doing only the the ones that failed, but that didnt "fix" if i recall correctly. Will try again next time ad this might be interesting input.

My boot version is 2.0.0.0 07/08/2015
  • Zyxel_Adam
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @PTish,

Thanks for your reply and confirming boot version.
    It's a valuable input that downloading tech support fail can also be fixed by disable and enable PoE feature again.

We actually have a direction this week and it's also related to the tech support issue you found.
    Thanks again, for all your efforts and patience.
    Adam
  • PTish
    PTish Posts: 5
    Friend Collector
    Options
    @Zyxel_Adam I actually mean that disabling/enabling poe fixes the poe issue :)

Glad you guys are finding the culprit.
  • Filippo
    Filippo Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi, me too since I upgraded to version V2.70 V2.70 (AAHM.1) | 11/01/2022 I am continually having problems with the PoE function.
    I have 8-9 GS1900-24HP on several different locations and all updated to V2.70, since I did the update the PoE so randon stops working, just restart the device and it works again, on each switch there are connected in of the cases 2 access points and in others even 8, but the problem presents itself anyway.

I noticed that in the GS1900-48HP models it doesn't always happen with V2.70.

When I did the update I was starting from version V2.40.

After reading this post, I will also try with the downgarde at V2.60

• Zyxel_Adam
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @Filippo,

Thanks for sharing this information to us.

We released a datecode firmware to fix the issue, I will provide it to you via private message.
    In addition, downgrading to V2.60(AAHM.4) is another solution to avoid PoE issue certainly.

*This issue will be fixed in next patch which will be released at the end of September estimably.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Adam
  • PeterHase
    PeterHase Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Zyxel_Adam

Any news regarding firmware update for GS1900-24HP v1?
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Options
    Page for GS-1900 switches (GS1900-24HP-non-v2 strangely seems not there) is reporting still 2.70. (xxxx.1)
  • Zyxel_Adam
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @PeterHase and @mMontana,

Thanks you guys to bring this up.
    We actually fixed vulnerabilities and the PoE issue to the latest firmware version 2.70 patch 3 in for OS command injection and XSS, these include both GS1900-24HPv1 and GS1900-48HPv1.

GS1900-24HPv1 is EOL after Jul. 30th 2022, you could search GS1900-24HPv1 in our EOL list.

Adam