ZyWall 110: SSL VPN disconnecting problem after update to 4.72 firmware

2»

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @Zyxel_James when a "nonWK" firmware release (including the SSLVPN correction) is scheduled? Both for 4.x and 5.x firmware, if possible.
  • Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 606  Zyxel Employee
    Hello @mMontana,
    The next version 5.31 includes this SSL VPN fix which is expected to be released in the middle of July.
    As for 4.73, we do not have a release plan for now, it may be at the end of this year or later.
  • mMontana
    Thanks for sharing the schedule about 5.31.
    As for 4.73, we do not have a release plan for now, it may be at the end of this year or later.

I sincerely hope that at beginning of September 4.73 will be published. And also another bugfix release for end of the year/beginning of 2023. The decision to stop support for 4.x devices was quite abrupt, and the end of support was by crowd yell extended to the end of 2022. I'm glad to see the bugfix effort into lab files, I hope that the support will be... consistent, not a marketing stunt, as was for 3.x firmwares which had lab firmwares as latest release
  • USG_User
    USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
    I'm with mMontana. Lab versions should not be treated as regular fw releases and should be transformed into official regular version soon.
    We are presently using lab version 4.72 AAPH.0 WK25 with our USG110. Why you don't release a 4.72 AAPH.1 with all lab improvements integrated?
  • mMontana
    As far as i know, official release should pass quality tests before release. These tests should ensure lesser bug regression and unwanted problems compared with WK/Lab firmwares, which should be "bugfix only".
    Needed to emphasize that 4.72 introduced the bug on SSLVPN. So a WK version is in fact more quality checked than the official release, currently.
  • Zyxel_James
    Thanks for your feedback.
    We will collect all the bugfix on 4.72, and merge to 4.73.

Regards,
    James
  • MarkoD
    MarkoD Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    Hi, could you please post links for the fixed WK firmware releases for USG60 and USG40W? Thanks!
  • Zyxel_James
    Hello @MarkoD,
    For ZLD4.72WK25 Firmware download link, please navigate to ZLD V4.72 WK25 Firmware release

Thank you.
    James

Security Highlight