ATP100 - Configuration files - which are important?

e_mano_e
e_mano_e Posts: 82  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
Hi,

I'm using an ATP100 and I'm backing up ALL configuration files before installing a firmware update.

But which configuration files are really important?
My ATP100 shows these 24 configuration files:

Can anyone please tell me which files to save before installing a firmware update?
Thanks.

And could I delete the other files that are not necessary?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Moreover, the ATP100 device would automatically back up the running-config file whenever firmware updating or if detecting the config be modified to avoid there is any accident occurred or the administrator forgets to back-up config. If you think those autobackup config files are useless for you, you could delete them. But, please reserve startup.conf ,last-good.conf, system-default.conf config files.  For more details, you could refer to our User Guide from p.1059 to p.1063. Thanks.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    startup-config.conf
    Is the one you want
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Hi @e_mano_e

Just as PeterUK mentioned, please back up the startup-config.conf firstly, it's the currently running config file. Thanks :) .
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Moreover, the ATP100 device would automatically back up the running-config file whenever firmware updating or if detecting the config be modified to avoid there is any accident occurred or the administrator forgets to back-up config. If you think those autobackup config files are useless for you, you could delete them. But, please reserve startup.conf ,last-good.conf, system-default.conf config files.  For more details, you could refer to our User Guide from p.1059 to p.1063. Thanks.

Security Highlight