Force wireless user to go to certain website once

Eric_
Eric_ Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello all

A customer of ours has a NXC2500 WLAN Controller and NWA5123 access points. There are 2 SSID's configured which automatically connect to their own vlan. The users connect using SSID & Passwort, no captive portal used.
This customer would like the wireless-users in the guest-ssid to first, f.i. on connection to the wlan, go once to his external homepage with info on the hotel. There is no required login at any time, it is just to supply guest-info.
After that they are free to visit any page they want.

I am trying to find out if and how I could configure this. The Captive-portal does not seem to be the solution and I did not find another place to enter such info. Also the access points don't seem to provide such a possibility.

Does anyone have a suggestion or better yet, a solution?

Thanks
Eric

Best Answers

• Eric_
    Answer ✓
    Hello Joslyn

Thank you very much for the reply.

That sounds exactly like what our customer is looking for. So this firmware 5.40 will be for the NXC2500 oder do the access points need to have an update too?

Thanks again
    Eric

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Eric_

Here is my understanding from your description.
    The customer needs NXC pop out the hotel website after the station connects to the SSID. Then the station can surf the internet without any login information.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    If it is correct, this feature will be enhanced in firmware version 5.40 which will be released in the end of this year.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Eric_
    Answer ✓
    Hello Joslyn

Thank you very much for the reply.

That sounds exactly like what our customer is looking for. So this firmware 5.40 will be for the NXC2500 oder do the access points need to have an update too?

Thanks again
    Eric
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Eric_

I saw the customer has NXC2500. He only needs to upgrade the firmware of NXC2500 because the AP firmware has been included in the NXC2500. It should upgrade the firmware automatically after upgrading NXC2500 firmware if the customer did not change the upgrade mode as manual.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Eric_
    Hello Joslyn

The customer has wishes and needs but no knowledge of this system, that would be my job. This was my first WLAN Controller from Zyxel that I could install. I did not change the upgrade mode so it is good to know, that this will mean some downtime for all access points as well.

Greetings
    Eric

• Eric_
    Hello Joslyn

Thank you very much for the solution and the way to get this update installed in a controlled way. As soon as the update is there, we'll give it a testrun and then install it in the customers network.

Greetings
    Eric