Wireless functionality showing on non-wireless USG Flex 200

Options
Hi,

I recently upgraded from a long running USG Flex 50 to a 200.  The upgrade went well (it was mostly done manually) but an interesting thing is that I see all the functionality in the UI that would be there if my model had built-in wireless.  It does not. If it's not going to pose a problem down the road, I suppose I can ignore it but it would be nice to have the interface clean of the extra options.  Is there anyway to get rid of this?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @citizenjazz,

Welcome to Zyxel community. =)
    The FLEX200 can work as wireless controller role, so you can see wireless related settings in Web GUI.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They are.
    With an USG40 I am managing several NWA APs. But the same options are available in another USG40 which cannot manage any of the resident APs (not compatible with the management suite).

Without any compatible AP you can still design any aspect of the wireless networks (SSIDs, timings, channels, VLANs, routing). Then when any AP can access to LAN1 of the firewall, the device can be adopted and the configuration will be deployed.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @citizenjazz,

The FLEX200 can work as wireless controller role, so you can see wireless related settings in Web GUI.
  • citizenjazz
    Options
    Hi @citizenjazz,

Hi,

I figured that was the case but I'm seeing options for configuring radios and APs.  (It looks similar to what I have on my Zyxel NWA1123 WAPs)  I'm not able to add a radio profile or SSID profile via the UI because the hardware isn't built in.  But are those configuration options supposed to be there?

Thanks,
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They are.
    With an USG40 I am managing several NWA APs. But the same options are available in another USG40 which cannot manage any of the resident APs (not compatible with the management suite).

Without any compatible AP you can still design any aspect of the wireless networks (SSIDs, timings, channels, VLANs, routing). Then when any AP can access to LAN1 of the firewall, the device can be adopted and the configuration will be deployed.
  • citizenjazz
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I'll just ignore the extra options.

Security Highlight