[Notification] NWA50AX, NWA90AX, NWA55AXE unexpected reboot after firmware upgrade to V6.29P0

Zyxel_Bella
Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Issue Description:

The V6.29P0 is temporarily removed due to it has been verified it may cause repeated reboot in worst case scenario. We are investigating this, and we will be providing a fix in highest priority.

Affected Scope:

Models: NWA50AX, NWA90AX, NWA55AXE

Firmware version: V6.29(ABYW.0), V6.29(ACCV.0), V6.29(ABZL.0)

Part of NWA50AX, NWA90AX, NWA55AXE may happen unexpected reboot after upgraded to latest version V6.29P0.

If the user arranged firmware upgrade to stable version, they are immune to the issue.

Solutions:

If your AP has already upgraded and having the same or similar issues, please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes. And provide the Org and Site name with your preferred schedule in the following thread for us to do firmware rollback.

See more details here: [Nebula] How to turn on Zyxel Support Access?

Thank you.

All Replies

• Is there a new version yet? My APs still have their firmware locked so I don’t know if this has been fixed. I like to keep my firmware up-to-date 

thanks
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee

We are working on new firmware release progress and expect to release this month.
    I’ll update this post if the release is earlier.
    Thank you. 

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    edited November 2022
    The issue is fixed and solution is included in the release firmware 6.29 Patch 1. Please arrange schedule for upgrading. Thank you

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/15012
  • How do I arrange such a schedule. My NWA50AX does turn itself off after connecting to the network?
  • Zyxel_HsinBo

The problem has fixed in new release V6.29P1 firmware.
    Now is available on Nebula, you can upgrade the AP from the path below:

Nebula > Site-wide > Firmware management > Devices

Find and select your small business model AP, click “Upgrade Now”.
    Or after November 28, you could set up " + Schedule Upgrade" to arrange schedule upgrade time.
    The whole progress from download firmware to upgrade successfully and online on Nebula is about 10-15 minutes.
    Thank you.
  • O.k. Thank you for that advice. The status is now "up to date" but it still turns itself off after a reboot. I don't have access to it. Even after a reset to factory settings "I" cannot access it. 
    I have granted access via the Help Center in Nebula.
  • After some more tests:
    I can get the LED to blink.
    I can Reboot
    I can Logon locally

I do not see the AP in my WLAN network.
    I cannot configure SSIDs which is actually essential to securely and safely use the AP.
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    edited November 2022

May we know the issue still occurs now? 
    Since we see the AP is online on Nebula now, and there is a client connect to NWA50AX record.
    But we found there are 13 "Port 0 is down" logs in past 24 hours,
    Please check the wired Ethernet cables and try change port connect with the upper device to void service impact.
    Thank you.

• @Zyxel_HsinBo
    Thank you, After plugging it in to another port in the switch GS-1900 8HP I could manage the AP and it is working fine now.