First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022
    GS2220-50
    GS2220 Series - Specifications | Zyxel Networks

not sure what audio dante AES is...
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Network-distributed public amplification audio system.
    Arenas, stadiums, studio (broadcast or private), conference centers, convention halls, theaters, zoos, themed parks.
    Name a big place which need specific sound setup, this system should be capable to deliver what you want, where you want and without interference.
    My question is: 100gbps of switching capability is enough? I'd go a bit bigger.
  • baudetd
    baudetd Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    hello

here are the recommendations, can the GS series respond to this

Dante uses the UDP protocol for audio distribution, both unicast and multicast. - Bandwidth usage is approximately 6 Mbps per basic unicast audio stream (containing 4 channels and 16 audio samples per channel). Streams are pre-allocated to a capacity of 4 channels. Audio samples can vary between 4 and 64, depending on the latency setting of the device. For multicast streams, there can be between 1 and 8 channels per stream. - The multicast audio stream from Dante devices is always on UDP port 4321. The AES67 multicast audio stream is always on port 5004. - Ports for unicast audio streams vary between: 14336 and 14600. - Audio traffic should not occupy more than 70% of the bandwidth of a network link.u. - Dante devices support sending and receiving Dante multicast streams. Dante multicast uses address range 239.255/16 and port 4321. - Most Dante devices also support sending and receiving RTP multicast (SMPTE 2110-30 or AES67). RTP multicast typically uses port 5004. AES67 typically uses the 239.69/16 address range.
    - A Dante device can send an RTP multicast stream to any address.

- mDNS and DNS-SD protocols are used for discovery and enumeration of other Dante devices (including Dante Controller and Dante Virtual Soundcard) on 224.0.0.251:5353.
    - AES67 discovery is on 239.255.255.255:9875.
    - PTP (Precision Time Protocol) is used for time synchronization.

- These are usually a few small packets per second. This traffic is on 224.0.1.129 - 224.0.1.132, ports 319/320.
    PTP logging (if enabled) is at 239.254.3.3:9998.
    - Dante-specific traffic monitoring is done on multicast addresses 224.0.0.230 - 224.0.0.233:8700-8708

• baudetd
    Hello
    here are the recommendations for using DANTE at the network level
    is the GS series able to handle this?

https://www.audinate.com/learning/technical-documentation/so-youre-adding-dante-to-your-network So You're Adding Dante to your Network? | Audinate | Dante Pro AV Networking

• baudetd
    hello

here are the recommandations for using dante 

So You're Adding Dante to your Network? | Audinate | Dante Pro AV Networking

is the gs serie is able to handle this ?
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    edited November 2022
    Hi @baudetd,

Is your requirement a 48 fiber port 1G switch or a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports?

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @baudetd,

If you need a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports, then GS2220-50 will fulfill your requirement.
    Also, it has IGMP snooping function which allows you to manage the DANTE audio network.
    In addition, we have experience with DANTE audio networks, I will PM the configuration to you for reference.

Zyxel Melen

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @Zyxel_Melen maybe a guideline for "How make Dante work fine with GS2200 series" could be also useful too.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @mMontana,

Thanks for your advice, we will prepare for it.

Zyxel Melen

• mw_dw
    mw_dw Posts: 10
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @baudetd,

If you need a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports, then GS2220-50 will fulfill your requirement.
    Also, it has IGMP snooping function which allows you to manage the DANTE audio network.
    In addition, we have experience with DANTE audio networks, I will PM the configuration to you for reference.
    Could you also send me the configs for Dante GS2220 series?   I agree with mMontana, a video tut would be great idea to have for reference.