XGS1250-12 LACP & RSTP Support

nitro
nitro Posts: 2
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
Hi,

just received my XGS1250-12 devices and found out that LACP & RSTP support is surprisingly lacking. 

Are there plans to add support for LACP and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)?

I also have a GS1900-8 which supports both.

Thanks & best.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    XGS1250 is for the soho users, the LAG is the static link, as the request LACP, RSTP with 2.5/10 (multi Giga) is the enterprise level then XS1930 series will fit this case.
    Chris

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Hello @nitro,
    It's about the product position, our XGS1250 is the entry-level smart managed switch with the basic features compared to the more premium GS1900 series which is for SMB, hope you can understand.  :)
    Chris
  • nitro
    nitro Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

well what would be an equivalent product offering support for 2.5G / 10G in the SMB segment? Pricing wise I don't understand the positioning of the XGS1250, but I really don't want argue about your product segmentation here :)

I've read in another thread that there is at least a beta firmware available which offers support for LACP. Can you PM me with the download link?
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Hello @nitro,
    There is a misunderstanding since we only have the datecode to support LAG (static link aggregation) for port 9 and port 10 group, it's not LACP.
    Chris
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @Zyxel_Chris the question "what would be an equivalent product offering support for 2.5G / 10G in the SMB segment?" seem still unanswered.
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Answer ✓
    XGS1250 is for the soho users, the LAG is the static link, as the request LACP, RSTP with 2.5/10 (multi Giga) is the enterprise level then XS1930 series will fit this case.
    Chris