Register ATP500 without Services

Eric_
Eric_ Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Hello
Why is it that when I register a new firewall, immediately alle Services are registered as well and the subscriptions are activated?
I am pre-configuring this firewall because I only have time now. However, the firewall will be replacing an old one only on december 22nd, not before. Also the customer first wants the new firewall installed (1:1 replacement) and in february 2023 start with implementing the other services like IDS, Content Filter etc.
Like so the customer looses 2 months of his subscriptions (1/6th of the normal subscriptionperiod) and this is inacceptable. Registering the firewall is fine but the other subscriptions should be activated when the customer wants to use it/needs it, not when Zyxel feels like it!
Where do I send the bill for these 2 lost months?

Greetings
Eric
PS. yes, you guessed right, bl*dy annoyed!

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

We already reset license services for you. 
    You can register the device again when you want.
    Thanks.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,654  Guru Member
    edited November 2022

I have not run in to this problem with many of my firewalls when registering it possible as you was click through you had the option to enable then.

Its possible Zyxel could make this more clear by doing the registering only and then you have to login to enable the services.

• Zyxel_Jeff

Thanks for your feedback and experience sharing with us. Could you provide your mac address and the serial number of the ATP500 to us via private message? Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    edited December 2022
    Hi @Eric_

Once the user enters the brand new device's Web-GUI and the Initial Set Wizard would guide the user to complete Register Device and activate license services procedures, it's a current behavior. But if you activate the license service by accident and the device still remains a trial license we might reset the license for you by a special case. So, please provide the serial number and mac address to us first.

Additionally, I quoted a discussion that has a similar question as below. It could help other users to clarify that situation. Please refer to it:

"When you enter the brand new device first time, here is an Initial Setup Wizard to guide you on how to complete your device setting. Especially, there is a Register Device procedure and you could click the Register button on this screen to register your device at portal.myzyxel.com.

Then It will redirect to Myzyxel.com. then login with a Myzyxel account to proceed register procedure.

Once it is completed, you can see the message Your device is already registered. Now you can activate all security services. Click Activate All to activate UTM services.

Go back to Initial Setup Wizard, and click Refresh, we can see that Device Register status change to Registered.

Click Next to continue

Click Refresh to check Service License Status.

Click Next to continue the remaining initial Setup Wizard.

"

• Eric_
    Eric_ Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hello Jeff,
    Thanks for the explanation.
    If I look closely at the last screen then it shows "activate service" but the status shows "activated" an no option to skip the service activation. Activated to me means it is a done deal, no change possible.
    I was never asked if I want to activate these services, it was immediately done!

Greetings
    Eric
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Hi @Eric_

Thanks for your comment. We already received your private message for the device information. I will inform you later.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓

We already reset license services for you. 
    You can register the device again when you want.
    Thanks.

Security Highlight