XGS1210-12 switches - No Link Aggregation on SFP Ports

IanR
IanR Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment
I have purchased two of these switches and 2 10G SFP+ cables to enable me to link the two switches together to replace a 24 port HP unit.  However, the config only has fixed LAP groups using the 1GBps or 2.5GBps ports - no option for 11 and 12.

this wasn't mentioned in any information i read online before buying and is a pretty important missing option, especially with upto 13GBps throughput from a fully loaded switch.  Is there a way this can be enabled or a way round this?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @IanR,
    Thank you for your purchase of Zyxel Switch. As an entry-level switch for home users, today’s XGS1210-10 only supports LAG on the copper ports, considering home users mostly uses single 10G fiber uplink.  As application grows, we also acknowledge the types scenario you described.  Zyxel values our customer’s input to better improve our product, so please allow us some time to arrange resources to make this feature advancement on XGS1210-10.

Chris
  • redge
    redge Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Chris Just wanted to chime in here with my support for that feature request, as we'd find SFP+ LAG support on this switch extremely valuable as well. We're using some of the bigger 10G switches (XS1930, XS3800) as core/distribution switches, but the XGS line is fantastic for edge use where we need to support a wifi 6E AP and/or multi-gig capable workstations in addition to a few 1G devices that aren't worth burning a 10G port on. The XGS1250-12 and especially XGS1210-12 are already fantastic for those applications, but would be almost perfect with the addition of SFP aggregation to support the full 13G capacity of the other ports. Continuing to think of these as "home" switches wastes their huge potential for SMB edge use.

Then let's talk about making these Nebula manageable. ;)
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @redge,
    I will private message you the datecode of link aggregation the SFP port (XGS1210-12), and sorry we currently do not have the plan to put XGS1250 on Nebula due to the production position.
    Chris