OK, no problem. You are welcome!
  • AWUSupport
    AWUSupport Posts: 43  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Dear @AWUSupport

OK, no problem. You are welcome!
    Hi Jeff and Fred (who posted earlier),

Overnight applied Firmware 3.30 AQQ.7 WK48 to both USG100's, downloaded from here: https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/4247/zywall-usg-series-v3-30p9-wk48-firmware-released

Now can successfully access/login to USG100 using latest Google Chrome, exactly as our preference was for browser. We do receive an security error warning however can continue and login.

This is a great tip for all those with similar issues detailed in the original post.

Regards.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,328  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @AWUSupport USG20 and W versions went out of support almost a year later USG100, which were among the first batch of USG generation firewalls (starting with ZLD 2.x).
    In fact, the "patch number" for USG20 is 9, for USG100 is 7.
    However, both received some lab firmwares (WKxx), more recent than latest official ones; my old and crappy USG20W has firmware version 3.30 BDR9 WK48 dated december 2016.

I'll write once and never more in this topic: change that hardware as soon as possible. I'm still using USG20W and I have a spare USG100 for "safeboat" use but currently is not something that I suggest to customers to use, they are way too old for performances and security. It's like using a 10 year old tyre on a daily driver. Maybe you'll never hit the "right" pothole for make the tyre explode, or you're never gonna drive fast enough to tear it apart. But when it will happen, it won't be nice at all.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,088  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    mMontana said:
    @AWUSupport USG20 and W versions went out of support almost a year later USG100, which were among the first batch of USG generation firewalls (starting with ZLD 2.x).
    In fact, the "patch number" for USG20 is 9, for USG100 is 7.
    However, both received some lab firmwares (WKxx), more recent than latest official ones; my old and crappy USG20W has firmware version 3.30 BDR9 WK48 dated december 2016.

I'll write once and never more in this topic: change that hardware as soon as possible. I'm still using USG20W and I have a spare USG100 for "safeboat" use but currently is not something that I suggest to customers to use, they are way too old for performances and security. It's like using a 10 year old tyre on a daily driver. Maybe you'll never hit the "right" pothole for make the tyre explode, or you're never gonna drive fast enough to tear it apart. But when it will happen, it won't be nice at all.

Hello @mMontana

Really thanks for your valuable experience sharing B) .
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

As mMontana mentioned that we encourage you to update hardware to the latest firewall products for better network efficiency and security protection. We recommend you could consider ATP and USG Flex series models, please refer to the introduction links for further evaluation. Thanks.
  • AWUSupport
    Options
    mMontana said:

We have failover USG100's in place, they are very handy and used purely for firewall purposes. No use of VPN, Ant-Virus, Content Filter, etc with this model so we feel quite comfortable to continue to have this hardware in place. We will change hardware when we have the need however thank you for writing that once re: change hardware, we have our own requirements.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hello @AWUSupport

We wrote an article about How to enter the login page of the legacy device to guide other users who encounter the same problem as yours on how to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback to us :) .

• AWUSupport
    Options
    Hello @AWUSupport

We wrote an article about How to enter the login page of the legacy device to guide other users who encounter the same problem as yours on how to resolve it. Thanks for your feedback to us :) .

Excellent article Jeff. Could you please also add once logged in, that upgrading to firmware 3.30 P9 (WK48) will allow unhindered access using Google Chrome, etc for legacy device model USG 50, USG 100 through to USG 2000: https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/4247/zywall-usg-series-v3-30p9-wk48-firmware-released
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hello @AWUSupport

Excellent article Jeff. Could you please also add once logged in, that upgrading to firmware 3.30 P9 (WK48) will allow unhindered access using Google Chrome, etc for legacy device model USG 50, USG 100 through to USG 2000: https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/4247/zywall-usg-series-v3-30p9-wk48-firmware-released

Hi @AWUSupport

Thanks for your suggestion, we already added that add that description to the article How to enter the login page of the legacy device, thanks :) .
  • AWUSupport
    Options
    Hello @AWUSupport

Hi @AWUSupport

Thanks for your suggestion, we already added that add that description to the article How to enter the login page of the legacy device, thanks :) .
    Must have missed that Jeff, great article.

Security Highlight