XGS4600-32F SYS RED LIGHT PROBLEM

Options
Aytug
Aytug Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment
Hi. 
I have xgs4600-32f switch. SYS light is constantly red. At the same time, the FAN light is orange. When I enter the interface, I can see that the 3rd fan is failing and not working. So, that's why the FAN light is orange. But I don't understand why the SYS light is constantly red. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Aytug,

The SYS LED is red means the system is functioning abnormally.
    This is because of the fan issue. The FAN LED is amber means it is not functioning at a proper speed or malfunctioning.
    Please follow this link to submit an RMA request.

Zyxel Melen

• Aytug
    Options
    @Zyxel_Melen,
    Since I bought the product online in 2019, the warranty period has probably expired. What are the steps I will follow on my own, without using warranty and technical service, could you help me please?
  • jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 146  Ally Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

HI, check the warranty status by serial number

I think the guarantee should still be valid

• Aytug
    Options
    Hi @jonatan, thank you for answer.
    I've already inquired about the warranty status.

I opened the article and clicked on the other link there. This second link was a link that found out who my Internet Service Provider (ISP) was. The site that shows the internet I am currently using, the internet service provider and the ip address of my computer and other information is opened. This information is of no use to me. 

The problem is that there is no internet on the computer to which the switch is connected. I do not use this switch for internet purposes, I use it for the camera system.

I also reached the warranty information screen you showed me. So if I contact the seller of the product I purchased, do they have to provide support to me? Do technical services and warranty conditions change from country to country? Because I bought it from Turkey.

Aside from the warranty terms and other technical services, how can I fix this error with utilities or other methods? Are there any other steps I should follow?

How and how much does the SYS led being red affect the system?
    What if we ignore it?
  • jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 146  Ally Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Aytug said:
    Hi @jonatan, thank you for answer.
    I've already inquired about the warranty status.

I opened the article and clicked on the other link there. This second link was a link that found out who my Internet Service Provider (ISP) was. The site that shows the internet I am currently using, the internet service provider and the ip address of my computer and other information is opened. This information is of no use to me. 

The problem is that there is no internet on the computer to which the switch is connected. I do not use this switch for internet purposes, I use it for the camera system.

I also reached the warranty information screen you showed me. So if I contact the seller of the product I purchased, do they have to provide support to me? Do technical services and warranty conditions change from country to country? Because I bought it from Turkey.

Aside from the warranty terms and other technical services, how can I fix this error with utilities or other methods? Are there any other steps I should follow?

How and how much does the SYS led being red affect the system?
    What if we ignore it?

The problem is not in the burning SYS indicator, but in the idle fan. The device is designed to operate in a certain temperature regime, and if it is violated (with the fan not working), there is an increased load on the internal components and it may fail.

Under warranty, it is better to open a ticket in technical support https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/requests/new ?ticket_form_id=114093996354
    Zyxel has a worldwide warranty and I think it does not depend on the country. And if the devices are purchased through a provider, then you need to contact him.
    For example, my switches are 2 years old and their warranty lines end in 2027

• Aytug
    Options
    Hi @Aytug,

The SYS LED is red means the system is functioning abnormally.
    This is because of the fan issue. The FAN LED is amber means it is not functioning at a proper speed or malfunctioning.
    Please follow this link to submit an RMA request.

Since I bought the product online in 2019, the warranty period has probably expired. What are the steps I will follow on my own, without using warranty and technical service, could you help me please?
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @Aytug,

Please PM me your contact information. Our local support will contact you for the RMA process.

Zyxel Melen