NWA90AX - 6.29(ACCV.1) - Amazon Echo Streaming Dropouts

Lewpy
Lewpy Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
I took a chance on the new v6.29(ACCV.1) firmware for my 3 NWA90AX units on Saturday morning, but since then our Amazon Echo devices have been suffering frequent dropouts in streaming [this is at home, not an office].
I could not see anything relevant in the logging that might explain it.
This morning, I've rolled back to v6.27(ACCV.4) [via FTP upload] and since I did that there have been no dropouts.
Is this a "known issue" with v6.29(ACCV.1)?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Lewpy

There are new features and stability enhancement in V6.29(ACCV.1) but we don’t receive streaming dropped event so far. To help clarify the case, please kindly provide some information we needed.

We’d like to know the specification or capability of Amazon Echo, and its streaming type is multicast or unicast. Could you share the model of Amazon Echo and what like of streaming service you usually use with the Echo?

Please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check.

[Nebula] How to turn on Zyxel Support Access?

And private me the Org and Site name with Amazon echo Mac address, thank you.

Regards,

Bella

• Lewpy
    Lewpy Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi @Zyxel_Bella

I have enabled Zyxel Support, and will priv msg you the details.

The Amazon Echo's we use are a Gen1 & Gen2 Echo from Amazon, and they are streaming directly off the Internet from the Amazon Music service. The dropouts occur every few minutes, where the units would stop streaming [pause] and then resume 5-10 seconds later. We never had this on the v6.27(ACCV.4), nor any previous wifi solution we've owned for the last 8 years or so (since owning the first Amazon Echo unit).

As to the protocol used, that I am not sure of, but would guess it is one of the standard streaming media protocols used by most services over the Internet.

Thanks,
    Lewis.