NWA210AX: possible to select WPA3 security only?

Options
I find that my NWA210AX allows WPA2 clients to connect, even though I have Security Mode set to "wpa3" in the active security profile.  I gather this is because of the Transition Mode checkbox, which is enabled and grayed out so that I can't change it.  How can I configure it to allow WPA3 only? 

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tgl,

You’re right. WPA3 with a “Transition mode” is provided to let non-support devices connect to SSID in WPA2-Personal. The “Transition mode” is enabled and grayed out as default.

In case you just want to the WPA3-supported clients connect to the SSID, you can use the CLI as below, SSID with SECURITY4 as example.

Router> enable

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# wlan-security-profile SECURITY4

Router(config-wlan-security SECURITY4)# no transition-mode

Router(config-wlan-security SECURITY4)# exit

Verification: A WPA3 non-supported laptop can’t connect to the SSID with security as WPA3 and no transition mode.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @tgl,

You’re right. WPA3 with a “Transition mode” is provided to let non-support devices connect to SSID in WPA2-Personal. The “Transition mode” is enabled and grayed out as default.

In case you just want to the WPA3-supported clients connect to the SSID, you can use the CLI as below, SSID with SECURITY4 as example.

Router> enable

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# wlan-security-profile SECURITY4

Router(config-wlan-security SECURITY4)# no transition-mode

Router(config-wlan-security SECURITY4)# exit

Verification: A WPA3 non-supported laptop can’t connect to the SSID with security as WPA3 and no transition mode.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!