edited March 2023 in Switch

T

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @muetzekoeln

Thank you for your question about the config file for the XGS1210-12 web-managed switch. While it is true that the config file may be unreadable without a dedicated application, the good news is that you can access and adjust all settings through the Web GUI that it offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface for managing your switch's configuration.  

Could you please let us know what your specific reason is for wanting to read the config file directly? We may be able to suggest alternative solutions or tools that can help you achieve your goals. 

Best Regards, 

Nami

Zyxel Nami

• muetzekoeln
    muetzekoeln Posts: 46  Freshman Member
    Options

Sorry for the gibberish. I was not able to enter proper text with my mobile…

Yes I need human readable config files for archiving. This is a security rule on this site. Please give advice how to de-/encipher these config files.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @muetzekoeln

We understand your request, and we would like to propose this idea in the Switch Idea section here.

However it will take time for us to evaluate whether it can be added in the next firmware for XGS1210-12 or not. 

Therefore, we would like to ask if you are in a hurry to read the config file. If so, could you please send us the config file via PM and we will help you transfer it to a readable file? 

Best Regards, 

Nami 

Zyxel Nami

• muetzekoeln
    muetzekoeln Posts: 46  Freshman Member
    Options

Thank you, but no. First, it would be more than one config file. Second, I expect the login password to be included in this file. Then there is no way send these files.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @muetzekoeln

Thank you for your response.  

We understand your concerns regarding the security of your login password, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As of now, we are still evaluating the feasibility of adding a feature to make the config files readable for archiving purposes. We will take into consideration the number of users who have a similar request.  

We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best Regards,

Nami

Zyxel Nami