Zywall USG 200 does not update signatures

Options

Dear all

Recently I purchased a Zywall USG 200. It has latest firmware 3.30(AQU.7) / 1.08 / 2015-01-13 16:31:04 and everything runs fine

I correctly activated a 30 day trial license for zyxel and kaspersky antivirus and bluecoat content filter. The zywall can resolve and connect to portal.myzyxel.com to refresh correctly the license status in the dashboard "configuration → licesing → registration" but it cannot update antivirus and IDP/AppPatrol signatures with error "Anti-Virus signature update has failed. (failed)". Seeing system error log "resolve server IP has failed. update stop" appears

I've rebuild correctly the zywall internal database using RS232 console port, so tecnically and update is possible

It's strange because zywall can refresh license status but signature update does not work. In dashbooard configuration → system → DNS a domain zone forwader appears correctly for my ISP DNSs 80.58.61.250 and 80.58.61.254 for "WAN1" interface and domain zone " * "

So, zywall can resolve and connect to internet. Any idea what's going on with signatures update error?

Another question. is it possible to renew and activate the anual subscription for this old zywall?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Alex

All Replies

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Zyxel_Ivan Posts: 259  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Dear @alab,

Greetings.

The IDP/AppPatrol and Anti-Virus only provide signature updates until 2022.

Since the Zywall USG 200 was EOL in 2018, we don't offer a license for this model now.

https://webservice.zyxel.com/eol/ArchivedEOLModel.pdf

Thanks.

Ivan

• alab
    alab Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Dar Ivan

Nice to meet you and thank you very much for your fast answer. I totally understand the EOL product policy, because not all products can be mantained forever

So, if I can upgrade signatures until 2022, how can I proceed? My zywall can connect to internet and resolve IP addresses, because I can sync time clock zones and see license status refreshing with zyxel portal, but the signatures don't update. The signatures database have been successfully rebuilt using a RS232 port and console term. At the end, Zywall cannot resolve the correct IP adress in your side

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Alex

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    Options

Likely the back end server has been updated that the USG 200 is so old can't talk to the server for updates.

• alab
    First Comment
    Options

Dear Peter

Yes, maybe, I've seen this URL → https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/es/articles/4404066253458?input_string=zywall+usg+200+no+actualiza+firmas

But just in case, I opened a support case to zyxel (#369498). Keep you updated with the official answer

Best regards

Alex

• alab
    First Comment
    Options

Dear all

I've contacted with official zyxel support and as Ivan said, the zywall usg 200 EOL in 2018, and so the signatures : ( there is no way to update or renew any kind of service/signature

We can close this message

Best regards and thak you again!

Alex

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Zyxel_Ivan Posts: 259  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Dear @alab,

Thanks for your understanding, and feel free to contact us with any questions😀

Ivan

Service & License Help Center