FLEX200 WAN interface problem ...

Options
xcs
xcs Posts: 8
Friend Collector First Comment

The wan1 default ip is dhcp, I link wan1 to ISP modem and config FLEX200 PPP item, then I found wan1 will get two ip, one is from PPPoE(122.116.xxx.xxx), another is from DHCP(111.241.xxx.xxx), sometimes LAN pc will use 112.116.xxx.xxx as source ip, and sometimes it use 111.241.xxx.xxx, what is possible problem? should I config wan1 ip as static 0.0.0.0?

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

what happens if you disable PPPoE? still get internet?

problem is Zywall uses default Trunk for all WAN interfaces you can make it so it uses just the PPPoE

• xcs
    xcs Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

It seems can not disable default wan trunk?
    So if in this case(wan1 both DHCP and PPPoE), it will cause problem?! so I have to change default wan1 from DHCP to static 0.0.0.0 (I remember default setup to static 0.0.0.0 in early ZyWALL)

• jasailafan
    jasailafan Posts: 191  Master Member
    Options

If you use wan1_ppp, just configure 0.0.0.0 on Ethernet > wan1.

• StefanZ
    StefanZ Posts: 190  Master Member
    Options

You need to create a new trunk so you can select it to replace the default trunk.

There you can select the interface – in your case the wan1_ppp.

But also make sure your PPoE settings are good. Ideally you contact your ISP and do a little walkthrough on the phone so you have all settings in order. You might need a gateway IP, you might get a 2nd IP as your phone line, or as a bridge interface, etc.

Some additional settings might lurk in the modem itself – if you can access them.

I have a thread about multiple IPs WAN here – look at my last post maybe. We don't have DHCP tho.

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    Options

In your trunk settings, there's an option to create a "User Configured Trunk".
    This feature should be suitable for your scenario.

Security Highlight