NWA50AX

Options

Hi

Can i use USG Flex 200 as a AP manager for NWA50AX APs?

I dont want to use the nebula.

If yes, is there a guide i can follow, i only see connect to nebula alternetive when im in the AP web Gui or standalone.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 489  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @Langhard

According to the Management section of the NWA50AX datasheet, which can be found here, the NWA50AX currently supports two management modes: Standalone and Nebula. Therefore, it is not supported to use the USG Flex 200 as an AP Controller for the NWA50AX.

For Nebula mode, this is a cloud-based management system that enables user to easily control network remotely at any time. It offers a centralized platform for managing and configuring all of your APs, Switches, Firewalls, Mobile Routers simultaneously, regardless of their location.

We understand that everyone has their own preferences. However, we love to hear your feedback, so please share with us your reasons for not preferring Nebula as a management mode. Your input is invaluable to us, as it helps us better understand the needs of our users and allows us to continually improve our services.

Zyxel Nami

• Langhard
    Langhard Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Tnx for the answare.

i tried the nebula but i diddnt like it.

Im oldschool i want the setup like it is on the firewall with out the nebula.

And the app diddnt work at all never manage to connect to the nebula when i needed to.

If i could use the nebula new management with auto config of wireless and switches and vlan and still have the posibility to set my own nat and security on the firewall. Not have the firewall in the nebula. i hade a major hassle to connect to the firewall when i needed to change the ipnr so it could connect to the internet and nebua. perhaps its me but i like the old way of manage the firewall.

Best regards Langhard

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 489  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Langhard

Thank you for sharing.

I understand your preference for managing your Firewall on-premise. There is certainly a satisfaction that comes with manually configuring your networking.

In fact, it's entirely possible to manage Access Points and Switches on Nebula while continuing to use on-premise management mode for Firewall devices like USG FLEX 200. Note that when Access Points and Switches go to Nebula, the configuration on Standalone mode will be removed and the devices will be applied to Nebula configuration.

From your message, it sounds like you've encountered some issues connecting devices to Nebula, especially the Firewall. To aid you with this, I'd like to provide additional resources that may help.

Here is the comprehensive guide on connecting FLEX/ATP series to Nebula:

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or have any more questions.

Zyxel Nami