GS1910-24 VLAN / Trunk-Port

klaeuser
klaeuser Posts: 6
First Comment

I have a trunk cable (that comes from a router) which delivers the VLANs 40,60,70,80.
Now I need to "split" that trunk to individual ports so that I can connect devices there.
Devices are not capable to handle VLAN tags, therefore they must be removed on egress.
On ingress the VLAN id must be added.
I've tried that with VLAN id 40 … but no success.
What is my mistake?

All Replies

• klaeuser
    klaeuser Posts: 6
    First Comment

maybe I need to explain the picture…
    The trunk comes in on port 20 - therefore all incoming traffic should be tagged.
    Ports 21 …24 will be connected to devices that cannot handle VLAN tags - therefore all incoming traffic should be untagged there.
    In this example I want to use VLAN id 40 on ports 21 - 24 - but I get no link.
    When I e.g. connect a computer to one of these ports - I cannot connect to the network. I don't use DHCP in this scenario - the computer is configured to an certain IP (in this case 10.0.40.44)

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited June 2023

Can't find a manual for GS1910 the picture without a header of what they are makes it hard my GS2210 for doing your setup is easier along with other models.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,290  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    edited June 2023

Hi @klaeuser,

The ingress acceptance you can apply "tagged and untagged" for all ports.

The VLAN config for port 20:

1. Port VLAN should be "1" if your management VLAN is 1.
    2. Egress tagging should be "Untag port VLAN".
    3. Allowed VLAN should be "1, 40, 60, 70, 80".

The VLAN config for ports 21-24:

1. Port VLAN should be "40".
    2. Egress tagging should be "Untag port VLAN".
    3. Allowed VLAN should be "40".