Problem with UI with GS1200-5HP v2

Options
mist
mist Posts: 20  Freshman Member
10 Comments
edited June 2023 in Switch

User Interface works fine after reset. However, after some usage UI becomes unreliable. I need to refresh the browser several times before I get it to work and then when I submit changes I also need to try several times to make it work. I tried registering it on portal.zyxel.com for warranty and was getting "Cannot find device". It's on V2.00(ABKN.2)C0. I would appreciate your help.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 497  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear Mikhail @mist

We understand that you have experienced the issue with Chrome and Firefox on your side. However, during our internal testing, the problem was observed on Safari only. Different browsers can have various behaviors, and we genuinely haven't encountered this issue on other browsers except Safari.

In our testing, we used both Mac and Windows laptops to try reproducing the issue on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, but we were not able to replicate the problem on these browsers.

To provide an immediate solution, we have addressed the problem in our date code firmware, which specifically targets the broken UI on Safari, based on our reproduction results. Rest assured that this solution will also be included in the next official firmware release scheduled for November.

Please let me know your thoughts on whether you would like to receive the date code firmware or prefer to wait for the official firmware.

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @mist

Have you tried browsing in private mode? Additionally, you mentioned that UI becomes unreliable, could you please describe more detail about this issue? or could you please provide us with the screen record if possible?

GS1200-5HP v2 can’t be registered on portal.myzyxel.com, so you can contact our local RMA center for warranty requirements.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Can you please explain what is a "private mode"? Or pointer to a documentation? I could not find it anywhere.

Sample screenshots of the broken UI. It goes normal after several refresh pages in the browser. Works exactly same on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Clearing cache and cookies does not help.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @mist

Apologies for any confusion. By "Private Browsing", I mean using the private or incognito mode on your web browser which can sometimes help with issues like the one you're experiencing.

If possible, could you please try accessing the switch interface from a different device to see if the issue persists?

For reference, I've accessed the switch interface using both MAC and Windows laptops, and everything appears to be functioning normally.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

Private browsing works fine. Do you know what could be the issue?

Thank you!

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @mist

This suggests that the issue might be related to your browser's cache, cookies, or other stored data.

When you use private browsing (or incognito mode), your browser doesn't store any browsing history, cookies, site data, or information entered in forms.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

Thank you for the explanation. Do you think it could be a bug in GS1200-5HP v2 firmware since it's a permanent issue with all browsers I tried and none of other Zyxel or other devices that I have?

Thanks,

Mikhail

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    Options

If Private browsing is fine then its not a bug in GS1200-5HP you can remove the cookie in your browser settings for GS1200-5HP IP/domain

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Can you explain your logic? Bug can depend on cookies that software creates.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    Options

It may also be cache of the old UI stored in the browser.

A cookie under the old UI is meant to get updated but sometimes this could fail for some reason I'm not sure why it failed for you maybe you use a domain name to access the switch and not by IP.

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

I tried both ways - IP and FQDN with the same result. It works for a bit and then starts breaking the UI. It happens in the same way when I try to use a new browser - it works for a bit and then breaks. If there was no bug, it would not matter if I use IP or name, or any browser.