PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

So Private browsing is not fine?

• mist
    mist Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    Options

As I said before it works. Would you agree that it's a work around the problem?

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    Options

No because it should work without needing to use private browsing.

But if it work in private browsing how can the switch be the problem...

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

There are many ways that bug in the switch could result in broken UI. Based on my tests I do not see any way how that problem could be outside of the switch. It's up to you if you want to escalate and fix the bug. I am ok with the work around.

Thanks

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 497  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hello Mikhail @mist

When you successfully log into the web GUI using private browsing, cookies, and site data are indeed remembered during your browsing session, but they are deleted once you close the private browsing mode.

If the web GUI performs well in private browsing mode over an extended period of use, we can reasonably deduce that the issue might not be with the Switch itself.

However, there are some potential reasons for this behavior that we would like to investigate further. Could you please assist us by following these steps?

1. Open your browser in normal mode and enable Developer Tools. You may refer to the guide from Chrome here.
    2. Select the 'Console' tab.
    3. Log in to the Switch Web GUI.
    4. Once the issue occurs, please capture the screenshot of the 'Console' tab and send it to us.

This information will be extremely helpful in allowing us to pinpoint the cause of the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we work to resolve this.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Happy to help. Here is a screenshot. Let me know if you would rather communicate over emal.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @mist,

Thanks for your feedback.

We can reproduce your symptoms in our office. And we are investigating it now. We will keep you posted once we analyze any new information.

Please temporarily use private browsing as a workaround.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Dear Mikhail @mist

Based on our internal testing, we've identified that the issue seems to be related to a caching problem specifically with the new version of Safari (16.5). However, we've found that this issue does not occur with other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.

In our User Guide (Page 19), we recommend using browsers like Edge, IE11, Firefox, or Chrome for the best experience with the web UI. Safari is unfortunately not on this list due to some compatibility issues.

We understand that this situation may not be ideal, especially if you're accustomed to using Safari. As a workaround, we suggest using one of the recommended browsers or continuing to use Safari in private browsing mode.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

I get similar problem with other browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Edge. It used to be persistent and it's intermittent now for some reason. I suspect there is something wrong with this particular unit and I will probably replace it. I am good with using a browser in a private mode for now.

Thanks,

Mikhail

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited July 2023
    Options

Dear Mikhail @mist

Given the discrepancy between our experiences, it would be extremely helpful if you could share a screen recording. This will allow us to better understand the sequence of actions leading to the interface issue.

Start the recording when you log in to Switch’s Web GUI with Chrome browser, and continue until the interface is broken.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Zyxel Nami