Problem with UI with GS1200-5HP v2

Options

All Replies

• mist
    mist Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

Will do when it happens again. I restarted it and I cannot reproduce it for now. The only error I am getting now is I need to click "Try Again" button a few times before it actually logs me in. It does not happen in "Private browser mode". Screenshot from Firefox:

I will post a video as soon as the issue starts happening again. However, if I am the only user with this issue, I would not worry. I am planning to replace this switch soon anyways.

Thanks,

Mikhail

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

I was just able to record it in Chrome. Would it be possible to share the video with you via email?

Thanks,

Mikhail

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 497  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello Mikhail,

I'll send you the message now. Please share it via the Private Message. Thank you.

Zyxel Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited July 2023
    Options

Dear Mikhail

Regarding the web GUI, we are still actively looking into it and working to resolve the matter. I will make sure to keep you informed of any new developments.

In terms of the "The connection was reset" error message, it typically indicates a problem establishing a connection between the browser and the server hosting the Switch Web GUI. This issue could be caused by various factors, including the three reasons mentioned in the screenshot you provided.

To further investigate the issue, it would be helpful to rule out a general browsing issue by checking if other websites or web applications are loading properly on Firefox at the time of happening.

I found a similar issue on Mozilla Support, it can be helpful for you to further troubleshoot the browser issue. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1056868

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

I do not have any problem with any other website. It only happens during log in.

Thank you for your support!

Mikhail

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Dear Mikhail @mist

After conducting further internal testing, we have identified that the issue with the web GUI is specific to Safari. We have made some improvements to the web GUI in the date code firmware, which resolves this problem.

If you would like to fix the issue immediately, we can send you the date code firmware. Alternatively, you can also wait for the official firmware estimated to release at the beginning of November.

Furthermore, we observed that the interface issue occurred repeatedly when we logged in to the web GUI for the third time via Safari even though we cleared the caches in advance. This is likely related to a browser cache problem. Please see the recorded video I have just messaged you.

Thank you for your cooperation as we work to resolve this matter.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

Thank you for the message. The video that I sent you prior shows the same issue for Chrome.

Thanks,

Mikhail

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear Mikhail @mist

We understand that you have experienced the issue with Chrome and Firefox on your side. However, during our internal testing, the problem was observed on Safari only. Different browsers can have various behaviors, and we genuinely haven't encountered this issue on other browsers except Safari.

In our testing, we used both Mac and Windows laptops to try reproducing the issue on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, but we were not able to replicate the problem on these browsers.

To provide an immediate solution, we have addressed the problem in our date code firmware, which specifically targets the broken UI on Safari, based on our reproduction results. Rest assured that this solution will also be included in the next official firmware release scheduled for November.

Please let me know your thoughts on whether you would like to receive the date code firmware or prefer to wait for the official firmware.

Zyxel Nami

• mist
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi Nami,

Thank you for the explanation. I will wait for the official release.

Best,

Mikhail

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi Mikhai,

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know if there is anything I can support further.

Zyxel Nami