USG60W "wlan_module dead"

Maveloth
Maveloth Posts: 6
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

my configuration is that:

USG60W V4.32(AAKZ.0)

NWA5121-NI (managed by the USG60W Wireless Controller) V5.00 Patch 5 _5.10(.5)

I had 3 SSID that use different VLAN. I had created two different "AP Group" to assign them different WiFi channel, one for the internal and the other for the managed AP.

Since I added the NWA5121-NI I noticed that the internal AP stop working and cannot be reactivated unless I did a reboot of the device.

Last time the problem comes up the USG has an uptime of 2 days and 8 hour. I had two or three client connected via WiFi.

This is from the log: "App watch dog recover wlan_module dead at the 1 time"

I also noticed this behavior in other installation i did:
  • USG60W(4.32) and two NWA5121-NI
  • USG40W (4.32) and no managed AP

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Hi Emily,

Thank you. I'll upgrade my USG60W as soon as possible. And if I can also one or two other USG to test the firmware.

I'll let you know if the problem is solved.

• I had updated my USG60W and this is my feedback after 11 days with the new firmware.

I've got this message in the log file:

AP Disconnect. MAC:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff,Name:Local-AP,Reason:Idle in RUN State,Model:USG60W

This event is triggered when one or more clients are connected to the internal AP, at first the clients are correctly connected and can access the network devices and internet, then after this message the internal AP is initialized and the clients lost connection.

Thanks in advance

Maveloth

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Maveloth,

A new firmware with the fix of the AP Disconnect issue is sent to you via the private message.

Please check your inbox and follow the instructions to upgrade USG60W to this firmware.

• I had a feedback from the latest firmware ( 4.33(AAKZ.0) ). I did updated my USG60W and now the local AP disconnection reappear, with this error from the log:

<div>2019-02-03 13:23:33 127.0.0.1:58817 alert&nbsp; capwap AP Disconnect. MAC:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff,Name:Local-AP,Reason:Idle in RUN State,Model:USG60W<br></div>

Since I was on V4.32(AAKZ.0)ITS-WK48-2018-11-28-181101110 I didn't had any problem.

Thanks in advance.

Maveloth

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Maveloth
    We will release the patch firmware which include the other wifi fixes by the end of Feb.

• Thanks for you answer.

Maveloth
  • Nigelo
    Nigelo Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Maveloth
    We will release the patch firmware which include the other wifi fixes by the end of Feb.
    Any news on the patch firmware release?

Many thanks
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Nigelo
    Sorry but the releasing date is postponed to tomorrow (March. 6th ) due to technical reason.
    Charlie

Security Highlight