USG20-vpn connected to Google Fiber jack

Options
yitbp_Luis
yitbp_Luis Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2023 in Security

Hello,

I just switched to Google Fiber. I connected the Google Fiber Jack directly to the WAN on USG20-vpn but I dont get 1Gbps on devices connected to ports. I only get about 275 Mbps while at the output of the Google Fiber jack I 900+Mbps. Google tech indicated that I should connect the Nest Google Wifi router in between the GF jack to the GF router and then to USG20-vpn. I am asking the forum on any advice to make it work. Do I need to change settings on USG20-vpn? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

For the Specification of USG FLEX 50, please refer here, also has higher models for your consideration.
    https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/next-gen-firewall/usg-flex-firewall-usg-flex-50/license-and-spec

All Replies

• frjonatan
    frjonatan Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    Options

@yitbp_Luis

Hi, if you would study the characteristics of USG20-VPN, you would know that it is not able to issue more than 350 Mbps on the WAN port.

The
    only thing that can do is replace the device with a more productive one.

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

For the Specification of USG FLEX 50, please refer here, also has higher models for your consideration.
    https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/next-gen-firewall/usg-flex-firewall-usg-flex-50/license-and-spec

• taylorgodiva28
    taylorgodiva28 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2023
    Options

connecting the Nest Google Wifi router in between the GF jack to the GF router and then the USG20-vpn should solve the problem. Please follow the technician's instructions

Geometry Dash Scratch

Security Highlight