How to block Whatsapp desktop application from Application Patrol?

Options
a1601
a1601 Posts: 30  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hello.

I need to block Whatsapp (desktop applicaion and web version) for same users.
In the Application Patrol select all "Whatsapp" items, creates profile, rules and enable this profile for group of workstations. The rules working (see it in the log) - web version Whatsapp is not working now, but desktop application loads and successfully connects to the server. How to block Whatsapp desktop application?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @a1601

Thanks for reporting this case to us. May we know which OS and its WhatsApp software version you are using? While the APP Patrol cannot block the WhatsApp desktop, are there any Monitor Log messages(Web-GUI path: Monitor > Log> View Log) that can be observed on your firewall?

• a1601
    a1601 Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

I don't have access to that user's computer. I tested it on another computer - in my opinion blocking works: although the program starts and displays a list of messages but cannot send and receive messages. And impossible to connect another user profile. As I understand there is no access to the server.

But the user claimed that the messages came. Unfortunately, I can no longer check it now. Is this possible when using a VPN? Or I'm being deceived.

When the user comes to the office, I will check with him. If the problem is confirmed, I will find out the reason. Thanks!

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @a1601

OK, got it. Thank you for your update for us.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @TerenceLove

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is a similar scenario that can serve as a reference: How to block YouTube access by schedule. You can create an App Patrol profile to include WhatsApp-related usage and block it, as demonstrated below:

Security Highlight