No FQDN address objects on USG FLEX 200H?

Options
PhilippeB
PhilippeB Posts: 18  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector

I was astonished to discover that the new FLEX 200H firmware 1.10 does not allow FQDN address objects.

When will this important feature be implemented? Is there a timeline? Without FQDN, the new devices are practically useless for us.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

If your screen shot is supposed to show the actual error message you refer to, it looks like you have not typed in the full FQDN address, which makes the GUI say "You have not typed in a valid FQDN!"

Am I missing something, or is this not the exact error message for your FQDN problem?

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,850  Guru Member
    Options

Their is no FQDN support in FLEX H series yet

• PhilippeB
    Options

Yes, the table in the Firmware Release Note V1.10 mentions FQDN as not supported yet. But is there a roadmap with an expected date?

It's understandable that complex functions have not yet been implemented and have to be tested thoroughly. I know that the function wasn't initially available on the now called legacy devices. However, I had never considered this to be a complexity.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,850  Guru Member
    Options

I had never considered this to be a complexity.

If your think DNS lookup to USG directly yes its not a that complex but the full FQDN support such as DNS not going to USG directly like LAN to WAN for 1.1.1.1 or over a bridge where the USG passively looks at DNS replies is complex.

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 796  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @PhilippeB ,

Greeting Forum, We will support FQDN object in 2024 Q3.

Thank you

• PhilippeB
    Options

Kevin, thank you very much for your reply, although of course it means that our customers won't be able to use the new H series productively for a long time yet.

Security Highlight