Adding another port to an interface Zywall 310

Options
GrahamWebb
GrahamWebb Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi, we currently have a small setup at a remote site, with two separate subnets, one main lan with DHCP enabled (lan1) on Port 4 and a second lan (lan2) on P5 also with DHCP enabled which is patched directly to a wifi access point and provides wifi for the office/warehouse.

We want another access point downstairs so I have bought another one and hope to be able to patch it directly into port 6 rather than using a switch (lack of room in a very small rack). I want to setup the Zywall so that P6 shares the same network segment as P5 so those two ports act a bit like a switch. Ideally I would be able to patch more APs in as needed using P7 and P8 so that basically whichever port I use they share the subnet and get the DHCP from P5 as if it was a switch. Is this possible and if so how, can I just put P6 in the lan2 zone?

Thanks Graham

Accepted Solution

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,788  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Zywall 310 does not support port role or port group like the VPN300 from what I can tell.

so you would need to get a switch

…or maybe you can setup a bridge this would mean setting up the LAN again

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,788  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Zywall 310 does not support port role or port group like the VPN300 from what I can tell.

so you would need to get a switch

…or maybe you can setup a bridge this would mean setting up the LAN again

• GrahamWebb
    GrahamWebb Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Thanks, I it did look like there were some settings that were not available compared to my newer Zywall. I will have a look at setting up a bridge or just using a switch.

Security Highlight