FLEX H Series

Options
mm_bret
mm_bret Posts: 56  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

I read that the Flex H Series has been created on a new platform vs the previous Flex devices…and that some of the configuration on the first generation Flex devices isn't available "yet" on the Flex H Series.

Can someone comment on that?

Are the Flex H series capable of standalone?

I'm tempted by the performance of the Flex H Series, but want to be sure the

device isn't losing any of the features I like.

Regards,

Bret

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

It a whole new platform yes built for speed in mind as the old platform would likely not run on the better hardware.

The Flex H are standalone from the start

What features are you needing from the Flex H as it is today? 

• mm_bret
    mm_bret Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options

Hey Peter,

I haven't seen the UI yet, so don't know. Will search for some demo's.

We primarily use l2tp, ipsec, NAT, ssh, static routes and firewall. I'll be buying one at some point, then I will know.

Thanks

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    edited January 13
    Options

It don't currently support IKEv1 L2TP over IPSec server role it does the new IKEv2 by certificate (no Pre-Shared Key support only for site to site) with user support and has a VPN Configuration Script Download.

Its does have the NAT, SSH, static routes and firewall mostly as normal.

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Compared to USGFLEX series, the USGFLEX H series comes with several gigabit ports, and a new operating system(uOS) that includes UTM, and VPN features. It also offers faster boot times and improved CPU performance.
    Please let me know which feature you referring to, I'm happy to introduce more about the H series.

• Noksu99
    Noksu99 Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

How about Link aggregations? It seems there are no options to configure LAGs even user's guide told so…

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    Options

@Noksu99 USGFLEX H series will support LAG in V1.30.

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

The H series is VERY half finished and the firmware update cadence is very delayed so I wouldn't upgrade any existing devices to it for another 6-8 months at a minimum. If you have do anything more that a simple single subnet LAN, you will probably be losing many features. Bandwidth management, VPN, DHCP options, WAP controller, policy routing, and IPS/UTM features are either completely missing or missing features that were present in the original USG (even as far back as the USG 50 generation) or USG Flex line.