GS1920-24/48HPv2 and Unifi AC Lite. Any PoE Interoperability Issues?

Options
reneshelle
reneshelle Posts: 4
First Comment
edited February 14 in Switch

Hi

I bought some Aruba/HPe 1830 POE switches to replace my HPe 1820 POE switches. Didn't work out because of PoE Interoperability Issues between my 50+ Unifi AC Lites and the new switches. It's not getting fixed by HPe in a firmware update, and I need to buy other switches.

On paper the Zyxel GS1920 series should do the job, but so should the Aruba/HPe 1830 ones…

Do any of you successfully run the GS1920-24/48HPv2 and multiple Unifi AC Lite APs?

(BTW my AC Lites are not the old 24v only version, but the newer that "supports" 802.3af/A)

All Replies

• electsystech
    electsystech Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

We have UAP-AC-Pro APs working fine on a GS1900-24HP switch.

• reneshelle
    First Comment
    edited February 14
    Options

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately (although not for you) the UAP-AC-Pro has a different way of handeling POE than the UAP-AC-Lite (and UAP-AC-LR). As far as I know the AC-PRO plays nicely with most gear, and it's only the AC-Lite and AC-LR that are kind of troublesome with POE.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 15
    Options

Hi @reneshelle,

May I know if your GS1920-24/48HPv2 is running V4.80 firmware?

If yes, could you navigate to Menu > Port > Poe Setup > Poe Setup to change the Power-UP mode to force 802.3AT and test? If the AP still cannot be booted, please help to collect the tech support file for us to check. The AP should connect to the switch when collecting the tech support.

The tech support download path is:

Menu > MAINTENANCE > Tech-Support > All download button for V4.80 firmware.

Zyxel Melen

• reneshelle
    First Comment
    edited February 15
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen

I have not bought any Zyxel switch yet. I'm asking to avoid once again buying a bunch of switches that are incompatible with my Unifi AC Lite AP's.

Edit: I've bought one of each now, and I'll make sure to report back if any problems arise.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 16
    Options

Hi @reneshelle,

Thanks for the notice.

We haven't received any feedback about the compatibility of GS1920-24/48HPv2 and Unifi AC Lite AP. I also tried to find a Unifi AC Lite AP to test, but we currently have the old version.

Additionally, if the new version of Unifi AC Lite AP supports 802.3af, our switch should be able to provide power to it since our switch follows the PoE standard. If the AP cannot be powered up with default setting, please try the method I mentioned above.

Zyxel Melen