Zyxel SCR 50AXE - limitations and real life use question

Options
TomAsh
TomAsh Posts: 6
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing Zyxel SCR 50AXE to replace my current gateway solution. I'm using Sophos XG firewall, previously used NSG100, then USG Flex 100 till licenses ran out. Could any one advise if there is any limitation to the number of vlans, dhcp scopes / leases or firewall rules? How does it perform in real life, the user guide says with SPI and threat management 900Mbps, is this anywhere near real life figures?

I currently have about 10 vlans and about 60 dhcp clients across my home network, esxi lab and iot devices, does this device have enough horsepower to pull this off or better to look for something else?

Thanks for any advice or recommendations

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TomAsh

Based on your current network environment, which requires approximately 10 VLAN interfaces, the SCR's support for up to 4 additional VLAN settings on the LAN interface may not fulfill your requirements.

I would recommend considering options like the USG Flex 100H, as it closely aligns with the specifications of your network environment.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TomAsh

Based on your current network environment, which requires approximately 10 VLAN interfaces, the SCR's support for up to 4 additional VLAN settings on the LAN interface may not fulfill your requirements.

I would recommend considering options like the USG Flex 100H, as it closely aligns with the specifications of your network environment.

• TomAsh
    TomAsh Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Jerry

Thank you very much for clarification. It seems SCR 50AXE won't be a viable alternative, I'm glad I have asked before spending money.

Security Highlight