Seemingly self contradictory online help for the XMG1915-10E

Options
cbeckstein
cbeckstein Posts: 17  Freshman Member
10 Comments
edited March 24 in Switch

Latest switch firmware V4.80(ACGO.1)20240305 | 03/05/2024 for the XMG1915-10E

In the IPV6 Neighbour Discovery —> IPV6 Router Discovery Setup config page

one can decide "whether the switch sends router advertisements and responses to router solicitations on the specified interface”

The corresponding entry in this setup page is called “Suppress”.

Therefore, I would assume, if the entry is set to OFF this means "do not Suppress, send advertisements and responses" and if it is set to ON this means "Suppress, do not send advertisements and responses".

But the online help for the setup page says the opposite:

"This field displays whether the Switch sends router advertisements and responses to router solicitations on this interface (ON) or not (OFF)."

(default seems to be off)

which leaves me confused…

If you would replace ON in this online help text with NO and OFF with YES then the text would make sense to me…

What is it actually doing, depending on Suppress=On or Suppress=Off?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @cbeckstein,

Thanks for your input. We will edit the confusing wording to make it clear. The behavior is that when the suppress is on, the Switch will not send router advertisements and responses to router solicitations on this interface.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @cbeckstein,

Thanks for your input. We will edit the confusing wording to make it clear. The behavior is that when the suppress is on, the Switch will not send router advertisements and responses to router solicitations on this interface.

Zyxel Melen